To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,303 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
2016 WOWSA AWARDS
Vote in All Four CategoriesThe World Open Water Swimming Association is pleased to present the 2016 WOWSA Award Nominees.
The nominees are presented in the following four categories:
Monday, August 15, 2016
Race Numbers Of The Female Olympic Marathon Finalists
Anastasiia Krapivina of Russia was initially in. Then, she was out. Now, she is in the Olympic finals.
When Krapivina was replaced by Anna Olasz of Hungary due to her drug suspension, the number of Olympic finalists remained at 25 swimmers.
But then FINA and the IOC recently reinstated Krapivina so there will be 26 finalists in the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro today.
When watching the Olympic finalists, these will be the swimmers' race numbers:
Female Olympic 10K Marathon Swim Finalists:
1. Heidi Gan, MAS
2. Erika Villaecija, ESP
3. Yumi Kida, JPN
4. Poliana Okimoto Cintra, BRA
5. Stephanie Horner, CAN
6. Anna Olasz, HUN
7. Keri-Anne Payne, GBR
8. Anastasiia Krapivina, RUS 9. Haley Anderson, USA
10. Jana Pechanova, CZE
11. Joanna Zachoszcz, POL
12. Spela Perse, SLO
13. Éva Risztov, HUN [shown above]
14. Paola Perez, VEN
15. Xin Xin, CHN
16. Kaliopi Araouzou, GRE
17. Samantha Arevalo, ECU
18. Chelsea Gubecka, AUS
19. Michelle Weber, RSA
20. Reem Mohamed Husein Elsayed Kaseem, EGY
21. Isabelle Härle, GER
22. Aurélie Muller, FRA
23. Sharon Van Rouwendaal, NED
24. Ana Marcela Cunha, BRA
25. Vânia Neves, POR
26. Rachele Bruni, ITA
Additional articles on the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim:
* Why Ferry Weertman Will Win 10K In Rio Olympic Games
* Richard Weinberger Expects The Unexpected
* Chad Ho Swimming Out Of The Dark
* Jordan Wilimovsky Leaves World In His Wake
* Jordan Wilimovsky Leads Talented Field To Rio
* Aurélie Muller Wins World Championships, Heading To Rio
* The Internationalization Of Open Water Swimming
* Aurélie Muller Is Chasing Her Dreams
* Ecuadorean Swimmers Train On High
* Why Spyridon Gianniotis Will Win In Rio
* Why Ana Marcela Cunha Will Win The Olympic 10K In Rio
* 14:49.19 Bodes Well For Jordan Wilimovsky In Rio
* Why Haley Anderson Will Win The 10K In Rio Olympics
* Why Jordan Wilimovsky Will Win 10K In Rio Olympic Games
* Why Richard Weinberger Will Win Rio Olympic 10K
* Daunting Double, Taxing Triple At Rio Olympics
* Kane Is Able, A Convincing Case Of Competitiveness
* What Women Will Qualify For The 2016 Rio Olympics?
* Challenger From Chattanooga Heads To Rio
* Olympic Déjà Vu For Kane Radford
* Malibu Man Made Of Mettle
* The Uniqueness Of Spyros Gianniotis And Erwin Maldonado
* The Uniqueness of Poliana Okimoto And Keri-Anne Payne
The Water of Copacabana
* Guanabara Bay Is Not Copacabana Beach
* If Not Copacabana Beach, Then Where?
* Contracting Diseases In The Open Water
* How Copacabana Beach Is Viewed By Fathers
* Responsible Reporting: How ESPN Does It
* American Press, Professor Warns About Olympic Waters
* Rio Report Mixes Up Guanabara Bay, Copacabana Beach
* Won't 30,000 Times As Bad Kill You?
* Christiane Fanzares Follows In The Wake Of London, Beijing
* You Can Swim, But You Cannot Hide (Drug Use)
* Why Open Water Swimming Needs Instant Replays & TV
* 30 Most Influential People in Swimming + 3
* Technical Decisions In The Open Water
* How Close is Close?
* No Wetsuits Now, But Expect Wetsuits In Future Olympics
* Ridiculous And Sad...Wetsuits Considered For Olympic 10K
* Who Is Jon Hestoy And How Did He Make It To Rio?
* Why 2008 Was An Important Year
* Swimming The Race Of Your Life - Mark Warkentin
* Looking Forward To Rio
* IOC Confirms Odaiba Marine Park For Olympic 10K
* A Precursor To The 2016 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
* The Greatest Olympic Upset In History
* What Men Will Qualify For The 2016 Rio Olympics?
* The Night And Day Of Olympic Swimming
* Podium Hopefuls Train Closely On High
* How Fast Do Olympic 10K Swimmers Train?
* Yasunari Hirai Gets A Kick Out Of Training
* Connecting The Dots In The Open Water
* Crushing Waves, Strong Currents In Copacabana Beach
* Swimming On The Actual 2016 Olympic Course
* London vs. Rio, Open Water vs. Rough Water
* Wipeout At The Rio Olympics - Rough And Not Yet Ready
Rio de Janeiro
* Olympic Marathon Swimming Success Foreseen In Rio
* What To Expect In Rio's 2016 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
Copyright © 2016 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.