To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,303 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
2016 WOWSA AWARDS
Vote in All Four CategoriesThe World Open Water Swimming Association is pleased to present the 2016 WOWSA Award Nominees.
The nominees are presented in the following four categories:
Sunday, July 31, 2016
Malibu Man Made Of Mettle
For additional information and articles on Jordan Wilimovsky, coached by Dave Kelsheimer of Team Santa Monica, click on links below:
* Jordan Wilimovsky Aiming To Double Up At The Olympics
* Anticipating Two Olympic Races For Jordan Wilimovsky
* Why Jordan Wilimovsky Will Win 10K In Rio Olympic Games
* 14:49.19 Bodes Well For Jordan Wilimovsky In Rio
* Daunting Double, Taxing Triple At Rio Olympics
* Jordan Wilimovsky Named 2015 Swimmer Of The Year
* WOWSA...Swimmers To Be Celebrated At Big Chill Swim
* 2015 WOWSA Awards - Performance Of The Year Voting
* Dave Kelsheimer Honored At FINA's Soirée des Etoiles
* Jordan Wilimovsky Is Honored At FINA's Soirée des Etoiles
* Jordan Wilimovsky, Jarrod Poort Tops In Mooloolaba
* Jordan Wilimovsky Up For AAU James E. Sullivan Award
* Great Britain, The Epicenter Of Open Water Swimming
* Biomimicry Among The Open Water Swimmers
* How Close is Close?
* Jordan Wilimovsky Leaves World In His Wake
* Jordan Wilimovsky Leads Talented Field To Rio
* USA Wins FINA Open Water Championships Trophy
* The Internationalization Of Open Water Swimming
* The Progression Of A World Champion
* Mr. And Mrs. Line-up Together In The Tiburon Mile
* Golden Goggles...And The Nominees Are...
* Why Wilimovsky Should Win The Golden Goggles
* Decisions, Decisions While Leading The Pack
* Team Santa Monica Honored In The Water And On Deck
* Jordan Wilimovsky, Sean Ryan Go 1-2 At USA Nationals
* The California Open Water Swimming Oasis
* Open Water Swimmers Head To The Pool
Copyright © 2016 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.