To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,230 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
Thursday, December 31, 2015
The Most Popular Open Water Swimming Content
Thank you very much for taking the time to read the Daily News of Open Water Swimming. Your visits, questions and comments are always greatly appreciated.
From historical accounts and equipment reviews to unprecedented swims to lists of luminaries in the sport, the Daily News of Open Water Swimming attempts to cover a wide spectrum of personalities and perspectives of the sport.
The most popular articles from the Daily News of Open Water Swimming archives of 2015 (title + pageviews) include the following:
1. The World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Men - 3,990
2. The World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women - 2,505
3. Henri Kaarma, 2014 World Open Water Swimming Man Of The Year - 2,059
4. The Greatest Watermen In Open Water Swimming History - 1,917
5. Top 10 Competitive Open Water Races In America - 1,463
6. 63-year-old Jim Clifford Does The Triple Crown - 1,428
7. Absolutely Painful Open Water Swims Of The 21st Century - 1,317
8. World's Top 100 Open Water Swims In History - 1,288
9. Historic Aquatic Park May Be Lost To Commercial Interests - 1,243
10. Nominees For The 2015 WOWSA Awards - 1,237
11. Dr. Nataliya Fatyanova, 2014 World Open Water Swimming Woman Of The Year - 1,165
12. When Almost Is Good Enough - 1,133
13. Blast In Barbados Bay - 1,101
14. Goggles That Guide You In The Open Water: IOLITE - 1,071
15. We Just Wanted To Cry - 998
16. Simon Dominguez Is Circled And Pulled - 990
17. Mányoki Manhandles Molokai - 973
18. At 75 Years Old, Harry Huffaker To Tackle Molokai Again - 971
19. Elizabeth Fry Blows The Minds Of Veterans - 949
20. Developing Leg Strength For The Open Water - 943
21. The Innate Feel Of Veterans - 889
22. 48 Years Old And In His Prime - 887
23. Dr Otto Thaning's English Channel Program At 73 - 849
24. Gary Workman Lives Up To His Name - 847
25. Athletes Do The Right Thing By Craig Lord - 818
26. Ryan Lochte To Stay On His Stomach - 798
27. Forward Ho, Chad Wins South Africa's First Gold - 795
28. New York To London Swim Adventure For Ventre - 778
29. The Deep Enders Heading Towards The California Coast - 773
30. Another Epic Relay Attempt - A Two-way Farallon Relay - 762
31. Swimming Equivalent Of Brutal Dryland Workouts - 759
32. Swimming Around Manhattan Over The Past 100 Years - 751
33. Come To Me - 715
34. Towering Waves Call It A Night - 706
35. 30 Most Influential People in Swimming + 3 - 704
36. Chloë McCardel Makes It Look As Easy As 1-2-3 - 687
37. Sarah Condor-Fisher, From The Pool To Olympia - 685
38. 400 Years Ago, An Open Water Swim Competition Was Born - 654
39. Martin Strel To Swim Around The World In 450 Days - 645
40. After 34 Years, The Double Roughwater Comes To A Halt - 634
41. When Injuries Happen In The Open Water - 616
42. David Yudovin, Ocean Pioneer Extraordinaire, Passes Away - 601
Upper photo by Clive Wright shows Brenton Williams, butterfly/ocean swimmer from South Africa.
Lower photo shows Jackie Cobell and Jack Bright after the successful Bering Strait Swim from Russia to Alaska.
Copyright © 2015 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.