To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,303 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Open Water Swimmers Smile For The Camera And Get Paid
If interested in a paid photo shot for cold water swimmers who are Caucasian men ages 40-70s, this is your chance.
The Blackwell Files, a real people casting agency in San Francisco, California, is looking for male cold water swimmers to participate in a photo shoot for a pharmaceutical company. Participants will be photographed swimming in cold water and portrayed as someone who may have surgical tissue issues (cardio-heart surgery patients).
Interested candidates should send an email with the following information by August 7th:
1. Name and age
2. Email and telephone number
3. Are you comfortable swimming in open ocean?
4. If selected, are you comfortable being photographed in a Speedo-type swim suit?
5. How long have you been cold water swimming? (i.e. I have been cold-water swimming for 15 years).
6. How often do you swim and for what length of time? (i.e. I swim for 2 hours, 3 times a week).
7. Where do you swim? (i.e. Aquatic Park, Bay, Ocean, other)
8. What do you wear to swim? (Speedo, swim trunks, wetsuit). What is your stamina like without a wetsuit?
9. Confirm your availability to come into our studio for a potential brief interview on August 12th at 3178 17th Street #3, San Francisco, California; telephone: +1.415.431.0480
10. Confirm your availability for these potential shoot dates: August 27th or August 28th. If selected, you will only be needed for up to a full day on one of the above dates.
11. Submit 2 images: a headshot (no sunglasses/hats) and a full-length photo (preferably in swim attire). Cellphone photos okay, it is most important that they are recent.
Candidates should send answers and photos to email@example.com.
Copyright © 2015 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.