To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,303 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
Thursday, June 4, 2015
Popular Articles On Daily News Of Open Water Swimming
The Daily News of Open Water Swimming was initially established to help share information about the open water swimming community in the build-up to the 2008 Beijing Olympic 10K Marathon Swim.
The first articles appeared on January 20th 2008 and focused on a variety of topics competitive open water swimming. The first set of articles covered the following topics:
* Feeding: 2 Seconds of Olympic Pressure - on the Coaches
* Olympic expectations: 10K Open Water Swimming Favorites: Expect the Unexpected
* Olympic dark horses: 10K Marathon Swimming Darkhorses - The Men)
* Olympic qualification procedures: Olympic 10K Marathon Swimming Selection
* Olympic venue description: Where Are The Olympic Open Water Swimmers Going To Race?
* Motivations to swim: Why Do Open Water Swimmers Do It?
* Top swimmers: Top American Female Open Water Swimmers and Top American Male Open Water Swimmers
* Olympic swimmer spotlight: Olympic Swimmer Kalyn Keller Retires.
Since 2008, the Daily News of Open Water Swimming has published 12,822 articles on swimmers, coaches, pilots, volunteers, officials, administrators, personalities, race sponsors, venues, equipment, techniques, strategies, tactics, terms, channel swims, relays, adventure swims, marathon swims, stage swims, ice swims, Polar Bear swims, competitive races, workouts, controversies, trends, data, surveys, awards, records, honors, organizations, associations, marine life, weather, interviews, conferences, clinics, teams, pods, webinars, books, movies, documentaries, products, services, patents, innovations and inventions in the open water swimming world at an average of 4.6 articles per day.
Of those articles, these are the top 10 in terms of unique views:
1. Michael Jordan Joins The Half Century Club (Feb 17, 2013) 11,658 views
2. 2011 World Open Water Swimming Association Award Nominees (Nov 1, 2011) 10,390 views
3. Lovely Lake Powell Lies Waiting For Open Water Swimmers (Sept 23, 2010) 9,618 views
4. Diana Nyad's Tough Mental Playlist Keeps Her Going (Aug 19, 2012) 7,573 views
5. Five Or More Get On Rottnest Channel Swim Honour Board (Jan 8, 2013) 7,090 views
6. Outstanding TV Globo Coverage Of Open Water Swimming (Dec 15, 2010) 6,635 views
7. WOWSA Performance of the Year Nominee 1400K Swim Across Tunisia (Nov 1, 2011) 5,762 views
8. The Camaraderie Of Open Water Swimming (Nov 26, 2009) 5,625 views
9. Two Courageous Samaritans Help Save Swimmer In Cape Town (Oct 7, 2011) 5,057 views
10. Ryan Lochte Doubles Up In The Open Water (July 29, 2012) 4,826 views
Photo shows the 4-way English Channel relay team of Sport City Mexico with Mariel Hawley, Jorge Urreta, Luis Pineyro, Omar Díaz González, Alejandro Moreno, Mayalen Noriega, coach Rodolfo Aznar, and Dr. Alexander Kormanovsky.
Copyright © 2015 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.