To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 16,618 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
2016 WOWSA AWARD WINNERS
2016 WOWSA Man of the Year – Nejib Belhedi
2016 WOWSA Woman of the Year – Jaimie Monahan
2016 WOWSA Performance of the Year – Sarah Thomas’ Lake Powell Swim
2016 WOWSA Offering of the Year – Samsung Bosphorus Cross Continental Swim
Friday, March 20, 2015
Kara Raney of USA Swimming is organizing the second annual #CoachesAre month.
"This digital campaign is aimed at showing the positive impact our 18,000+ coaches are making across the country. However, in order to capture the great work you are doing, we need to hear from [these coaches]."
It would be extremely helpful in providing content for the campaign to tell your story. The responses will be used on USA Swimming’s website and social media channels."
All answers to the following questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The questions are as follows:
1. Why did you want to become a coach?
2. What’s been the most rewarding thing for you from being a coach?
3. What’s your favorite drill or workout?
4. Finish this sentence: I coach because______.
5. Who are some of your role models?
6. How do you motivate a swimmer who is having an off day?
7. How would your swimmers describe you?
8. What’s your favorite saying during practice?
9. What’s your most memorable moment as a coach?
10. What are some of your favorite coaching books/videos?
11. What’s the funniest thing that has happened at practice?
12. Do you have any pre-competition rituals?
13. Aside from a stopwatch, what are your must-have coaching items?
14. What’s your favorite personal swimming story?
15. Why is swimming the best sport to coach?
16. What life lessons do you hope your swimmers take with them when their swimming days are done?
17. What life lessons did you take away when you were a swimmer?
18. What do you look forward to the most when your team is competing?
19. What are your go-to team building activities?
Please have your swimmers answer the following questions about you:
1. What’s your coach’s favorite saying during practice?
2. Why are swim coaches the best coaches?
3. How does your coach make swimming the most fun sport there is?
4. What’s the funniest thing your coach has done during practice?
Copyright © 2015 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.