To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,303 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
Friday, June 13, 2014
2014 USA Swimming 10 km Championship Results (Women)
Individual split times were not taken at today's USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championships in Castaic Lake, California. But the pace times of the lead swimmer were taken by Jason Moody of Regatta Timing:
Lap 1 Time: 19:29.66
Lap 2 Time: 20:02.69
Lap 3 Time: 20:09.79
Lap 4 Time: 19:39.58
Lap 5 Time: 19:34.98
Lap 6 Time: 20:17.23 [longer due to distance and location of finish chute]
Average Lap Time: 19:52.32
Winning time: 1:59:13.95 (Becca Mann)
1. Becca Mann (North Baltimore Aquatic Club) 1:59:13.95
2. Haley Anderson (Trojan Swim Club) 1:59:21.55
3. Eva Fabian (Greenwood Swimming) 1:59:22.08
4. Christine Jennings (RallySport Aquatic Club) 1:59:23.90
5. Emily Brunemann (Club Wolverine) 1:59:27.56
6. Ashley Twichell (Seal Innovation Team) 1:59:29.52
7. Isabella Rongione (Nation's Capital Swim Club) 1:59:35.90
8. Lindsay Vrooman (Badger Swim Club) 1:59:52.01
9. Megan Rankin (Unattached/U of Florida) 1:59:54.57
10. Regan Kology (Somerset Hills YMCA) 2:00:03.39
11. Katy Campbell (Swim Pasadena) 2:00:08.60
12. Tristin Baxter (Clovis Swim Club/ASU) 2:01:12.66
13. Lindsey Clary (OSU) 2:01:35.45
14. Kaitlin Pawlowicz (Nation's Capital Swim Club) 2:01:51.03
15. Cailley Silbert (Cougar Aquatic Team) 2:02:02.48
16. Taylor Pike (Razorback Aquatic Club Aquahawgs) 2:02:49.84
17. Gillian Ryan (North Baltimore Aquatic Club) 2:03:20.58
18. Megan Byrnes (Nation's Capital Swim Club) 2:04:07.97
19. Summer Finke (Saint Petersburg Aquatics) 2:04:14.01
20. Anina Lund (Badger Swim Club) 2:04:20.59
21. Brittany Kahn (Aquazot Swim Club) 2:04:25.26
22. Sierra Schmidt (Germantown Academy Aquatic Club) 2:04:38.99
23. Heidi George (Great Wolf Swim Team) 2:04:40.55
24. Casey Francis (Pine Crest Swimming) 2:05:27.71
25. Ashlyn Butkowski (Triangle Aquatics Club Titans) 2:05:35.91
26. Jessie Arnold (Shenandoah Marlins Aquatic Club) 2:06:14.07
27. Erin Emery (Sandpipers Of Nevada) 2:06:19.38
28. Chenoa Devine (Davis Arden Racing Team) 2:06:32.56
29. Stephanie Peters (Marietta Marlins, Inc) 2:06:35.18
30. Autumn Finke (Saint Petersburg Aquatics) 2:06:40.12
31. Hailey Houck (Sandpipers Of Nevada) 2:06:42.15
32. Allie Fogleman (Conejo Simi Swim Club) 2:06:44.20
33. Jessica Wolf (Club Wolverine/U of Michigan) 2:06:54.89
34. Caroline Lepesant (Unattached) 2:08:16.48
35. Taylor Ault (La Mirada Armada) 2:09:23.02
36. Cassy Ault (Schroeder YMCA Swim Team) 2:11:26.42
37. Kylie Mitchell (Greenwood Swimming) 2:11:26.80
38. Megan Viohl (Eagle Swim Team Inc.) 2:15:31.33
39. Brittney Beetcher (Boulder Swimming) 2:16:23.19
40. Grace Ferry (Dynamo Swim Club) 2:17:19.20
41. Raselle Chetwynd (Mission Viejo Nadadores) 2:19:05.90
42. Isabel Whited (Arizona Gold Swimming) 2:20:49.41
Race result is here. Lead pack is shown below.
Copyright © 2014 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.