To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,303 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Top 25 Places And Events In Openwaterpedia
Among the entries, there are 8,883 people, 2,107 terms, 1,691 places, 2,820 events, 1,288 products, 525 services, 146 pilots, 1,860 groups/site, 758 records, and 959 coaches in Openwaterpedia.
The most viewed 25 places and events in Openwaterpedia to date include the following entries:
1. Olympic 10K Marathon Swim (76,979 views)
2. English Channel (54,731 views)
3. Catalina Channel (47,924 views)
4. Strait of Gibraltar (47,126 views)
5. 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim (41,857 views)
6. Molokai Channel (38,314 views)
7. Cook Strait (33,369 views)
8. Oceans Seven (33,298 views)
9. Tsugaru Channel (30,232 views)
10. North Channel (28,194 views)
11. 2013 Global Open Water Swimming Conference (26,930 views)
12. BCT Gdynia Marathon (13,483 views)
13. Manhattan Island Marathon Swim (12,337 views)
14. Faros Maratón (12,039 views)
15. 2012 Global Open Water Swimming Conference (11,257 views)
16. Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli (11,171 views)
17. Lake Ontario (11,023 views)
18. FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix (10,515 views)
19. Traversée internationale du lac St-Jean (10,430 views)
20. FINA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup (9,871 views)
21. Traversée Internationale du lac Memphrémagog (9,783 views)
22. Sun Moon Lake International Swimming Carnival (9,275 views)
23. Bering Strait Swim (9,188 views)
24. Top 50 Open Water Swims In Asia (9,015 views)
25. Portland Bridge Swim (8,838 views)
Copyright © 2014 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.