To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 14,015 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics, exploits and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Top 25 Organizations And Groups In Openwaterpedia
Among the entries, there are 7,706 people, 1,855 terms, 1,479 places, 2,820 events, 1,182 products, 475 services, 122 pilots, and 847 coaches currently posted in Openwaterpedia
The most viewed 25 organizations and groups in Openwaterpedia to date include the following entries:
1. British Long Distance Swimming Association (19,590 views)
2. International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame (16,827 views)
3. 24-hour Club (13,960 views)
4. Catalina Channel Swimming Federation (15,109 views)
5. America's Top 100 Open Water Swims (12,851 views)
6. La Jolla Cove Swim Club (11,271 views)
7. Rottnest Channel Swim Honour Board (10,566 views)
8. Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association (9,098 views)
9. SwimTrek (8,844 views)
10. U.S. Masters Swimming (8,687 views)
11. World's Top 100 Open Water Swims (8,249 views)
12. Ventura Deep Six (6,881 views)
13. International Ice Swimming Association (6,876 views)
14. Half Century Club (6,654 views)
15. Saint Martin Island Long Distance Channel Swimming (6,583 views)
16. Alaska Open Water Series (6,458 views)
17. Irish Long Distance Swimming Association (5,562 views)
18. Channel Swimming Association (5,469 views)
19. Northeast Kingdom Open Water Swimming Association (5,462 views)
20. L.O.S.T. Swimming (5,359 views)
21. Croatian Long Distance Swimming Federation (4,408 views)
22. World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation (4,401 views)
23. Japan International Open Water Swimming Association (4,305 views)
24. Farallon Islands Swimming Federation (4,288 views)
25. Aquatic Capital of America (4,174 views)
Photos shows Ted Keenan, an Honour Swimmer inducted in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame after his Bristol Channel marathon swim in 1975.
Copyright © 2014 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.