To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 14,451 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Events Calendar
Hilda Moreno of The Great Dublin Swim explains, "The ILDSA Calendar of Events for 2014 is updated. Please use this link to find out more. Some races are still to be updated on March 31st."
The events with dates, distances, websites and contacts are listed below:
￼￼ * May 21st - Bray Seafront - 1.5 km - email@example.com - neoprene & bioprene
* May 24th or May 25th - West Bay Swim 1 Way - 1 km - ￼Richardtimms01@gmail.com - bioprene
* June 15th - Ironman Swim Series Kiliney Beah - 2/4 km - firstname.lastname@example.org - neoprene & bioprene
￼ * June 29th - Around The Rock Swim Warrentpoint, Co. Down - 1.5 km - ￼email@example.com - neoprene & bioprene
￼ * June 30th - Carrickfergus Swim Briefing - 1 km - firstname.lastname@example.org - bioprene
￼￼ * July 13th - Rostrevor To Warrenpoint Warrenpoint, Co. Down - 4.8 km - email@example.com - neoprene & bioprene
￼ * July 19th - Moville Lighthouse - 1.2 km - ￼peadarZIPswim@gmail.com - neoprene & bioprene
* July 26th - The Great Ulster Swim, Night Swim Camlough Lake, Co. Armagh - 1.5/0.75 km - firstname.lastname@example.org￼ and email@example.com - neoprene & bioprene
* August 2nd - Lough Erne National Championship, Enniskillen Co Fermanagh - 17/25 km - firstname.lastname@example.org - bioprene
* August 3rd - The Battle of Carlinford Lough Swim Warrenpoint, Co. Down - 8.5 km - email@example.com￼ and firstname.lastname@example.org - neoprene & bioprene
* August 8th - Dublin Night Swim Venue Seapoint - 0.5/1/1.5 km - ￼email@example.com - neoprene & bioprene
* August 22nd - Camlough Lake Water Festival, The Lord and Lady of Camlough Lake Swim - 2.7 km - firstname.lastname@example.org￼ and email@example.com - neoprene & bioprene
* August 24th - Ulster and National Championship, Ulster 5km Championship - 10/5 km - firstname.lastname@example.org￼ and email@example.com - bioprene
￼￼ * August 30th - The Lough Gill, Sligo - 10 km - Lyndsey.Dunne@abbott.com and Lyndsey.firstname.lastname@example.org - neoprene & bioprene
* August 30th - Great Dublin Swim, National Championship, Grand Canal Basin - 0.75/1.5 km - ￼￼email@example.com - neoprene & bioprene
￼ * October 4th - Great Wicklow Swim - 10 km - firstname.lastname@example.org - neoprene & bioprene
￼ Copyright © 2014 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.