To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 14,451 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
Friday, October 18, 2013
Swimming Past The Wall At The Clean Half
Photography by Victor Fraile and Mike Pickles of The Power of Sport Images brings The Clean Half alive for those not in Hong Kong.
1. Swimming the Wright Way 3:00:47 Men
2. LRC (17) 3:04:02 Men
3. LRC Awesome Sauce 3:06:22 Mixed
4. HK Island Stingrays 3:08:04 Mixed
5. Trent Grimsey 3:14:23 Solo
6. LRC Foolish Hydra 3:21:12 Men
7. Fierce Femme Fatale 3:21:52 Women
8. Manta Girls 3:21:50 Women
9. Ocean Recovery 3:25:20 Mixed/Carbon Neutral
10. The A Team 3:26:27 Mixed
11. HKFC Team A 3:28:47 Mixed
12. LRC Sharkbait 3:29:00 Men
13. Ian's Weekend 3:29:15 Men
14. Austrilian Nat' School 3:33:52 Mixed
15. Belugus 3:40:47 Mixed
16. Craig Nortje 3:41:47 Solo
17. Tritons Men A 3:50:33 Men
18. LRC Nymphs 3:55:17 Mixed
19. Oz Swim 3:55:21 Mixed
20. Blood Sweat and Beers 3:56:00 Men
21. Andy Tebbut 3:59:31 Solo
22. Tritons Women A 4:00:41 Women
23. Left Laners 4:03:36 Men
24. Malcom Green 4:08:54 Solo
25. RHKYC 4:09:07 Mixed - Carbon Neutral
26. Tritons Mens B 4:11:02 Men
27. HK Mermen 4:15:41 Men
28. Team Harrow 4:15:55 Mixed
29. LRC Shellfish 4:16:50 Mixed
30. BAMF's 4:17:46 Mixed
31. Red Herrings 4:18:32 Mixed
32. LRC Sirens 4:19:10 Women
33. SG Black Team 4:19:14 Men
34. Hannah's Last Stand 4:20:01 Women
35. Jelly Fish 4:21:47 Mixed
36. Maddah Than a Hatter 4:22:10 Mixed
37. HKFC Team C 4:26:03 Mixed
38. Jeroen Nieuwkoop's Team 4:28:11 Mixed
39. HKFC Team D 4:29:02 Mixed
40. Dugongs 4:31:44 Mixed
41. Tritons Women B 4:32:33 Women
42. SG Red 4:37:57 Men
43. Endurance 4:41:00 Mixed
44. Aura 4:41:22 Mixed - Carbon Neutral
45. Tritons Mixed B 4:41:23 Mixed
46. HKFC Team B 4:41:38 Mixed
47. Bloody Marys 4:43:00 Mixed
48. LRC Clownfish 4:45:00 Mixed
49. Greg Austin 4:46:36 Mixed
50. Bus Uncle 4:48:10 Men
51. Torpedoes 4:48:20 Mixed
52. David Stains 4:49:47 Solo
53. Popeye 5:03:00 Men
54. Are We There Yet 5:03:35 Mixed
55. WT Boys 5:05:28 Men
56. Bubble Fish 5:33:45 Men
57. SG Mixed 5:34:27 Mixed
58. Janet Ho 6:04:07 Solo
59. SG Bubble (Male) 6:20:18 Men
60. Delia Kang 7:20:00 Solo
Photos by Victor Fraile and Mike Pickles of The Power of Sport Images at the 2013 Clean Half marathon swim in Hong Kong.
Copyright © 2013 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.