To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,715 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
2016 WOWSA AWARD WINNERS
2016 WOWSA Man of the Year – Nejib Belhedi
2016 WOWSA Woman of the Year – Jaimie Monahan
2016 WOWSA Performance of the Year – Sarah Thomas’ Lake Powell Swim
2016 WOWSA Offering of the Year – Samsung Bosphorus Cross Continental Swim
Monday, July 1, 2013
All-time Winners Of The Faros Maratón
They also provided the fastest times at the Croatian International Long Distance Swimming Championship between 1976 and 2011.
Alexander Studzinski of Germany and Linsy Heister of Netherlands hold the fastest times in history.
1. Alexander Studzinski, Germany, 3:01:55
2. Vladimir Dyatchin, Russia, 3:03:38
3. Evgueni Bezroutchenko, Russia, 3:05:07
4. David Medina Meca, Spain, 3:06:42
5. Sebastiaan Reijnen, Netherlands, 3:07:19
6. Loic Branda, France, 3:08:01
7. Alexei Akatiev, Russia, 3:08:31
8. Igor Majcen, Slovenia, 3:09:07
9. Eugeny Kashkarov, Russia, 3:09:55
10. Andreas Maurer, Germany, 3:10:05
11. Yuri Kudinov, Russia, 3:10:38
12. Rok Kerin, Slovenia, 3:10:53
13. Mark Warkentin, USA, 3:11:46
14. Valerio Cleri, Italy, 3:12:32
15. Evgenji Pop Acev, Macedonia, 3:12:43
16. Linsy Heister, Netherlands, 3:13:31
17. Karla Sitic, Croatia, 3:13:35
18. Siarhei Punko, Belarus, 3:14:05
19. Grant Robinson, Australia, 3:14:08
20. Firas Moualla, Syria, 3:14:11
21. Stephane Lecat, France, 3:14:11
22. Mosab Malla, Syria, 3:14:12
23. Christof Wandratsch, Germany, 3:14:30
24. Andreas Balwe, Germany, 3:14:31
25. Anna Uvarova, Russia, 3:14:42
Copyright © 2013 by Open Water Swimming
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.