- Jamie’s Swim Camp (Lake Tahoe, Nevada, U.S.A.) - Jamie Patrick, host and organizer
- Cork Distance Week (Sandycove, Ireland) - Ned Denison, head coach
- The Eton Camp (Eton, England) - Nick Adams, head coach
- Strel Swimming Adventure Holidays (Utah, U.S.A., Croatia, and Slovenia) - Martin Strel and Borut Strel, hosts
- Coningham-Rolls Swimming Holidays (Europe) - John Coningham-Rolls, head coach
- Jersey Long Distance Swimming Camp (Jersey) - Sally Anne Minty-Gravett, head coach
- SwimTrek (Turkey, Egypt, Italy, Mexico, Croatia, Greece, Virgin Islands, Finland, Scotland, Spain, Malta) - Simon Murie, host
- Open Water Swimming Mastery, Australia - Shelley Taylor-Smith
- Masters Dream Camp (Greece) - Andrea Di Nino and Apostolos Tsagarakis, head coaches
- Pacific Swims (Fiji and Vanuatu) - Paul McCoy, organizer
- Tri Now (Texas, U.S.A.)
- VMPS Open Water Swim Clinic (Massachusetts, U.S.A.)
- The Sport Factory (Georgia, U.S.A.)
- NYC Swim (New York, U.S.A.) - Morty Berger, organizer
- The Big Blue Swim (Greece) - Lisa Stansbie and Michael Koumbouzis, co-founders
- Mary Meyer Life Fitness (Washington, U.S.A.)
- Water World Swim / Swim with Pedro (California, U.S.A.) - Pedro Ordenes, head coach
- Asphalt Green Open Water Swim Clinics (New York, U.S.A.)
- Swim Vacation (British Virgin Islands, Maine and Hawaii, U.S.A.) - George Hopper McDonough, head coach
- Swim Art (California, U.S.A.) - Leslie Thomas, head coach
- Swim Gym (Florida, U.S.A.) - Robert Strauss, head coach
- Glen Christiansen International Swim Camps (Germany) - Glen Christiansen, head coach
- Tower 26 (Pacific Palisades, California, U.S.A.) - Gerry Rodrigues, head coach
- Aquatic Edge (Hawaii, U.S.A.) - Karlyn Pipes-Neilsen, head coach
- Club La Santa (Canary Islands, Spain)
- Total Immersion (Hawaii, U.S.A., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands]] - Terry Laughlin, head TI coach
- Tri 2 Be More (Maryland, U.S.A.)
- Mile High Multisport Clinics (Colorado, U.S.A.) - Peter Alfino and Kathy Alfino, coaches
- Ask Coach Sean (Texas, U.S.A.) - Sean Gassman
- Swim Velocity (California, U.S.A.) - Martha Szufnarowski, head coach
- MRA Multisport (Massachusetts, U.S.A.) - Megan Rogozenski, head coach
- Bucks County OW Swim Clinics (Pennsylvania, U.S.A.) - Todd Wiley, head coach
- Terri Schneider Clinics (California, U.S.A.) - Terri Schneider, head coach
- Personal Best Nutrition (New Jersey, U.S.A.) - Brian Shea, head coach
- Wave One Swimming (Washington D.C., U.S.A.) - Denis Crean, head coach
- Bayshore Swim (New York, U.S.A.)
- Global Open Water Swimming Conference (California, U.S.A.) - Steven Munatones, host
- One With The Water (California, U.S.A.) - Mallory Mead, head coach
- Tri-Umph Open Water Swim Clinics (Illinois, U.S.A.)
- Max Performance (Massachusetts, U.S.A.)
- Triple Threat Tough (Texas and Minnesota, U.S.A.) - Lea Kirdatt, head coach
- Streamlined Performance (Arizona, U.S.A.)
- Fearless Swimming Clinics (Newport Beach, California, U.S.A.) - Ingrid Loos Miller, head coach
- Peak Performance Pros (Wisconsin, U.S.A.)
- Open Water Select Camp (Florida, U.S.A.) – USA Swimming coaching staff
- ETA Coach Swim Camps (Pennsylvania, U.S.A.) - Bill Sepich and Cole Gindhart
- Bold and Beautiful (Manly Beach, Australia) - Julie Isbill, founder
- Camp Ak-O-Mak (Ontario, Canada) - Dianne Young, Executive Director
- Rachael Wood Coaching (Florida, U.S.A.) - Rachael Wood, founder
- Competitive Swim Camps (Canada) – Clint Stevens and Dean Kondziolka, head coaches
- Gone Swimming (North Wales) - Dan Graham and Gabby Dickinson, head coaches
- Swimming Without Stress (United Kingdom)
- Open Water Swimming Mastery (Australia) - Shelley Taylor-Smith, head coach
- Endurance Sports Coaching (United Kingdom) - Andy Bullock
- H2Open Magazine‘s H2Open Day (United Kingdom) - Simon Griffiths
- Swim Smooth (Australia, United Kingdom) - Paul Newsome
To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,884 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
2016 WOWSA AWARD WINNERS
2016 WOWSA Man of the Year – Nejib Belhedi
2016 WOWSA Woman of the Year – Jaimie Monahan
2016 WOWSA Performance of the Year – Sarah Thomas’ Lake Powell Swim
2016 WOWSA Offering of the Year – Samsung Bosphorus Cross Continental Swim
Monday, December 10, 2012
Open Water Swimming Camps, Clinics, Challenges And Conferences
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.