To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,303 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Coaches Of The Olympic Marathon Swimming Women
But there are men and women who have spent years and decades also waking up early, going to the pool and sacrificing much in the pursuit of Olympic success.
These are the coaches of the 25 female open water swimmers qualified for the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim on August 9th in the Serpentine in Hyde Park.
1. Coach Sean Kelly of Keri-Anne Payne (GBR)
2. Coach Fabio Cuzzani of Martina Grimaldi (ITA)
3. Coach Miltos Kanellopoulos of Marianna Lymperta (GRE)
4. Coach Ken Wood of Melissa Gorman (AUS)
5. Coach (brother) Claudio Biagioli of Cecilia Biagioli (ARG)
6. Coach (husband) Ricardo Cintra of Poliana Okimoto Cintra (BRA)
7. Coach Josef Nalezeny of Jana Pechanová (CZE)
8. Coach (partner) Nikolai Evseev of Angela Maurer (GER)
9. Coach Stefan Lurz and Coach Jean Lagier of Swann Oberson (SUI)
10. Erika Villaecija (ESP)
11. Coach Dave Salo and Coach Catherine Vogt of Haley Anderson (USA)
12. Coach Vajda Tamas of Eva Risztov (HUN)
13. Coach Lv Sen of Yanqiao Fang (CHN)
14. Coach John Rodgers and Coach Linda Kiefer of Zsofia Balazs (CAN)
15. Coach Patrick Carrey of Ophelie Aspord (FRA)
16. Natalia Charlos (POL)
17. Anna Guseva (RUS)
18. Coach (father) Slaven Sitic of Karla Sitic (CRO)
19. Coach Chung Yuen of Wing Yung Natasha Terri Tang (HKG)
20. Coach Kazuko Aoki of Yumi Kida (JPN)
21. Coach (father) Aleksandr Andreevich Beresnyev of Olga Beresnyeva (UKR)
22. Coach Juan Carlos Tenorio of Yanel Pinto (VEN)
23. Coach Matt Magee of Heidi Gan (MAS)
24. Coach Graham Hill of Jessica Roux (RSA)
25. Coach Luis Miguel Chavez of Lizeth Rueda Santos (MEX)
For complete and comprehensive coverage of the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim on August 9th and 10th, visit here.
Photo of Claudio and Cecilia Biagolia by Natacio.com.ar.
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.