- Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli (36 km in Italy) in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012
- La Patagones – Viedma FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix (15 km in UAE) in 2009, 2012
- Hernandarias – Parana (88 km in Argentina) in 2006, 2007, 2010
- Rosario Marathon Acuatico (15 km in Argentina) in 2006, 2009, 2011
- Santa Fe – Coronda Marathon Acuatico (57 km in Argentina) in 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010
- Abu Dhabi Open Water Swimming Grand Prix (15 km in UAE) in 2009
- Traversée international du lac Memphrémagog (34 km in Canada) in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
- Traversée international du lac St-Jean (32 km Grand Prix in Canada) in 2005, 2007, 2009
- Traversée international du lac St-Jean (10 km World Cup in Canada) in 2007, 2009
- Marathon de Cancún (10 km in Mexico) in 2007
- Repulse Bay (10 km in Hong Kong) in 2006, 2007
- Shantou FINA World Cup (10 km in China) in 2006, 2007
- Cañon del Sumidero Maraton (15 km in Mexico) in 2007
- Ohrid Marathon (30 km in Macedonia) in 2006, 2007
- Dubai FINA World Cup (10 km in UAE) in 2007
- Setubal FINA World Cup (10 km in Portugal) in 2006
- Singapore 10K (10 km in Singapore) in 2006
- Sabăc Marathon Swim (19 km in Serbia) in 2006
- London (10 km in England) in 2005, 2006
- Sèvilla Marathon (10 km in Sèvilla) in 2005, 2006
- FINA World Swimming Championships (25 km in Montreal) in 2005
- FINA Open Water Swimming Championships (25 km in UAE) in 2004
To educate, entertain, and enthuse all those who venture beyond the shoreline. Over 10,300 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics, exploits and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors.
Monday, August 20, 2012
Alexander Studzinski Swims Around The World
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.