To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,715 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
2016 WOWSA AWARD WINNERS
2016 WOWSA Man of the Year – Nejib Belhedi
2016 WOWSA Woman of the Year – Jaimie Monahan
2016 WOWSA Performance of the Year – Sarah Thomas’ Lake Powell Swim
2016 WOWSA Offering of the Year – Samsung Bosphorus Cross Continental Swim
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Who's Trending In Open Water Swimming?
Openwaterpedia is an online reference and research tool for the open water swimming community has entries posted in English, Greek, Spanish, Italian, Hebrew, Hungarian, Russian, Portuguese, French, Dutch, Arabic, German, Chinese, Dutch and Japanese.
Any language can be inputted, as well as photos, videos and hyperlinks.
Tim Stiff from Cape Town has made the biggest move this month to #25. Tim suffered from polio in his youth, but he has become a serious open water swimming and has competed in a number of events including the inaugural 5.3 km Atlantic Dash, the inaugural 10.5 km Lighthouse to Big Bay Swim, as well as becoming a member of the International Ice Swimming Association.
1. Openwaterpedia (75,544 views)
2. Michelle Vawer (22,212 views)
3. Leopard seal (11,717 views)
4. About Open Water Source (10,756 views)
5. Nile crocodile (8,344 views)
6. Fran Crippen (5,645 views)
7. Penny Palfrey (5,545 views)
8. Olympic 10K Marathon Swim (5,236 views)
9. Alex Meyer (4,661 views)
10. Lexie Kelly (4,309 views)
11. Stephen Redmond (3,937 views)
12. Steven Munatones (3,874 views)
13. International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame (3,721 views)
14. Forrest Nelson (3,700 views)
15. Ashley Twichell (3,582 views)
16. Jason Malick (3,426 views)
17. Jamie Patrick (3,343 views)
18. Darren Miller (3,306 views)
19. Petar Stoychev (3,254 views)
20. Jose Diaz (3,157 views)
21. Nejib Belhedi (3,142 views)
22. Flavio Bomio (3,104 views)
23. Evan Morrison (3,080 views)
24. How to add a page (3,061 views)
25. Tim Stiff (3,002 views)
26. How to link a video (2,995 views)
27. Richard Weinberger (2,978 views)
28. Diana Nyad (2,895 views)
29. Bruckner Chase (2,894 views)
30. Waikiki Beach (2,827 views)
31. Vito Bialla (2,767 views)
32. Abdul Latif Abou Heif (2,681 views)
33. Dave Barra (2,676 views)
34. Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association (2,672 views)
35. Thomas Lurz (2,610 views)
36. Molokai Channel (2,517 views)
37. Catalina Channel Swimming Federation (2,514 views)
38. Oceans Seven (2,271 views)
39. Harry Huffaker (2,268 views)
40. Keri-Anne Payne (2,257 views)
41. Peter Attia (2,247 views)
42. 1400K Swim Across Tunisia (2,233 views)
43. The Swim It (2,152 views)
44. English Channel (2,117 views)
45. Pilar Geijo (2,112 views)
46. Kim Chambers (2,085 views)
47. Ned Denison (2,076 views)
48. Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming (2,068 views)
49. Lynne Cox (2,047 views)
50. Trent Grimsey (2,023 views)
Copyright © 2012 by World Open Water Swimming Association
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.