To educate, entertain, and enthuse all those who venture beyond the shoreline. Over 9,400 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics, exploits and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors.
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Cancun's FINA 10K Marathon Swimming World Cup Results
Cunhawon a close race over Germany's Angela Maurer and Italy's Martina Grimaldi as well as several other Olympians and top pros.
The results are as follows:
1. CUNHA ANA MARCELA 2:09:14:78 BRAZIL
2. MAURER ANGELA 2:09:16:22 GERMANY
3. GRIMADI MARTINA 2:09:19:04 ITALY
4. MULLER AURÉLIE 2:10:15:35 FRANCE
5. REICHERT NADINE 2:10:21:17 GERMANY
6. PINTO YANEL 2:10:25:96 VENEZUELA
7. PECHANOVÁ JANA 02:10:26:53 CZECH REPUBL
8. BERESNYEVA OLGA 02:10:27:61 UKRAINE
9. DOMINGUEZ MARGARITA 2:10:29:34 SPAIN
10. KIDA YUMI 2:10:31:78 JAPAN
11. OBERSON SWANN 2:10:34:62 SWITZERLAND
12. WILLIAMS NADINE 2:11:28:09 CANADA
13. VILLAECIJA ERIKA 2:11:33:27 SPAIN
14. RIBAROVA SILVIE 2:12:37:32 CZECH REPUBL
15. CARDENAS ZAIRA 2:12:39:14 MEXICO
16. GONZÁLEZ ALEJANDRA 2:12:43:18 MEXICO
17. DUSABLON JADE 2:12:44:81 CANADA
18. VILLASEÑOR MELISSA 2:13:24:17 MEXICO
19. HAHN INES 2:13:39:54 GERMANY
20. WAAIJER MAAIKE 2:14:09:44 NEDHERLANDS
21. ROCHA GABRIELA 2:14:17:19 BRAZIL
22. PAMERLEAU LEONIE 2:14:21:22 CANADA
23. BERBASOVA AL´ONA 2:16:25:71 UKRAINE
24. PINEAU BEATRICE 2:16:43:68 CANADA
25. EL-BASSIOUNI LAILA 2:18:40:66 EGYPT
26. DIAZ CARLA 2:19:17:28 VENEZUELA
27. TOSCANO CINDY 2:20:57:35 GUATEMALA
28. TANEK NOURAN 2:21:32:46 EGYPT
29. DE SOUZA MARIANA 2:27:16:91 BRAZIL
30. LABRECQUE ELOISE 2:28:43:53 CANADA
31. STRUZINA LEENA 2:30:40:16 CANADA
32. ROMERO MIRNA DNF MEXICO
33. QUINTO FERNÁNDEZ SOFÍA DNF MEXICO
The men's results are posted here.
Photos are courtesy of the Federación Mexicana de Natación.
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.