To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 12,725 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics, exploits and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
Friday, June 10, 2011
Eva Fabian And Christine Jennings Heading To Shanghai
Fighting cross-currents, 2-4 foot waves and constant whitecaps the entire distance, Eva and Christine pushed the pace throughout the 10K and will represent the USA at the 2011 World Swimming Championships with the opportunity to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics.
The two swimmers battled each other and the elements which will prepare them well for the upcoming World Swimming Championships in Shanghai - where both of them will be swimming in the hopes of qualifying for the 2012 London Olympics.
1. Fabian, Eva (Greenwood Memorial Swim Club-NE) 02:18:31.2
2. Jennings, Christine (Mission Viejo Nadadores-CA) 02:18:33.0
3. Twichell, Ashley (Duke Aquatics-NC) 02:18:36.7
4. Anderson, Haley (Trojan Swim Club-CA) 02:18:52.7
5. Thompson, Claire (West Florida Lightning Aquatics-FL) 02:19:01.2
6. Brunemann, Emily (FAST Swim Team-CA) 02:19:18.1
7. Iriondo, Damaris (Fort Lauderdale Aquatics-FG) 02:23:24.8
8. Baxter, Tristin (Clovis Swim Club-CC) 02:24:30.1
9. Flickinger, Hali (York YMCA-MA) 02:24:34.7
10. Ryan, Gillian (Parkland Aquatic Club-MA) 02:24:59.6
11. Mann, Becca (Clearwater Aquatic Team-FL) 02:25:00.3
12. Brandon, Bonnie (Mission Aurora Colorado Swimmi-CO) 02:25:24.7
13. Brown, Allison (Pleasanton Seahawks-PC) 02:25:28.4
14. George, Heidi (Los Altos & Mountain View A.C.-PC) 02:25:31.9
15. Pawlowicz, Kaitlin (Curl Burke Swim Club-PV) 02:25:42.9
16. Morford, Lauren (Hydroquatics-MR) 02:27:34.7
17. O'Connor, Rose (Duke Aquatics-NC) 02:28:08.5
18. Heim, Jessica (College Area Swim Team-SI) 02:29:09.4
19. Woolbright, Kate (Unattached) 02:31:59.8
20. Thatcher, Zoe (Mason Manta Rays-OH) 02:33:29.5
21. Wolf, Jessica (Waukesha Express Swim Team-WI) 02:33:31.5
22. Emig, Briana (Fort Lauderdale Aquatics-FG) 02:33:33.1
23. Hine, Lauren (North Baltimore Aquatic Club-MD) 02:36:40.2
24. Hancock, Jordan (First Colony Swim Team, Inc.-GU) 02:36:40.2
25. Hojan Clark, Kelsey (Elmbrook Swim Club-WI) 02:36:53.8
26. Phillips, Adrienne (WSY Swimming-MA) 02:36:55.9
27. Matevish, Lauren (Unattached) 02:37:02.1
28. Herich, Lauren (Northern KY Clippers Swimming-OH) 02:37:05.0
- Ballatore, Angelina (Gator Swim Club-FL) DNS
- Bowden, Bailey (Tampa Bay Community Aquatics-FL) DNF
- Chin, Abby (Upper Arlington Swim Club-OH) DNF
- Dyer, Jacy (Greater Toledo Aquatic Club-OH) DNF
- Herbst, Kelsey (Team Pittsburgh Aquatics-AM) DNF
- Jordan, Lauren (Carmel Swim Club-IN) DNF
- Knowles, Rachel (Pleasanton Seahawks-PC) DNF
- Loht, Claire (WSY Swimming-MA) DNF
- Mathieu, Alicia (Sonoco-CT) DNS
- Miller, Genevieve (Northwest NC YMCA Riptyde-NC) DNF
- Milne, Sharla (Brandon Sports & Aquatic Cente-FL) DNS
- Molloy, Kiera (YMCA of the Triangle Area Swim-NC) DNF
- Tommerdahl, Lissa (Minnesota Aquatics-MN) DNF
- Valley, Danielle (Sarasota YMCA Sharks-FL) DNF
- Vernon, Nicole (Delaware Swim Team-MA) DNF
2011 USA Swimming 10K National Championships from Jarret Streiner
Copyright © 2011 by Open Water Source
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.