To educate, entertain, and enthuse those who venture beyond the shore. Over 15,715 articles on solo swims, pro races, relays, charity events, ice swims, eco-swims, stage swims, marathon swims, trends, products, services, personalities, coaches, governing bodies, rules, demographics, books, films, blogs, conferences, camps, clinics and happenings in oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, dams, canals, channels, fjords, estuaries, lochs, coves, firths, straits, bays, and harbors. Sponsored by WOWSA.org.
2016 WOWSA AWARD WINNERS
2016 WOWSA Man of the Year – Nejib Belhedi
2016 WOWSA Woman of the Year – Jaimie Monahan
2016 WOWSA Performance of the Year – Sarah Thomas’ Lake Powell Swim
2016 WOWSA Offering of the Year – Samsung Bosphorus Cross Continental Swim
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Thomas Lurz Gets Back In The Groove In Santos
Thomas Lurz, the multi-time world champion, stayed in his groove and maintained his edge as the favorite leading up to the World Championships in Shanghai this coming July. The final results are as follows:
1. THOMAS LURZ (GER) 2.06.05
2. SPYRIDON GIANNIOTIS (GRE) 2.06.08
3. FRANCISCO JOSE HERVAS (ESP) 2.06.13
4. ALLAN DO CARMO (BRA) 2.06.14
5. BRIAN RYCKEMAN (BEL) 2.06.15
6. CHRISTIAN REICHERT (GER) 2.06.17
7. ANDREAU WASCHBURGER (GER) 2.06.18
8. MARK WARKENTIN (USA) 2.06.24
9. PETAR STOYCHEV (BUL) 2.06.28
10. IVAN LOPEZ (MEX) 2.06.30
11. UKRAINE IGOR SNITKO (UKR) 2.06.34
12. LUIS ESCOBAR (MEX) 2.06.36
13. MICHAEL DMTREIV (ISR) 2.06.37
14. REPUBLIC JAN POSMOURNY (CZE) 2.06.39
15. RODRIGO ELORZA (MEX) 2.06.42
16. IVAN ENDERICA OCHOA (ECU) 2.06.43
17. ERWIN MALDONADO (VEN) 2.06.44
18. DAMIAN BLAUM (ARG) 2.06.45
19. VICTOR HUGO RIBEIRO COLONESE (BRA) 2.06.45
20. DIOGO ANDRADE VILLARINHO (BRA) 2.06.46
21. MIGUEL ALEJANDRO MARTINEZ HERNANDEZ (ME) 2.06.46
22. ARSENIY LAVRENTYEV (POR) 2.06.47
23. VICTOR SIMÕES (BRA) 2.06.48
24. GABRIEL RAUL VILLAGOIZ (ARG) 2.07.01
25. DAVY BILLIAU (BEL) 2.08.04
25. SAMUEL DE BONA (BRA) 2.08.13.98
26 99 UKRAINE IGOR CHERVVYNSKIY UKR) 2.08.43
27 69 BRAZIL MATHEUS EVANGELISTA 2.08.56
28 64 BRAZIL LINECKER DENARDI SCARPELLI 2.09.00
30 66 BRAZIL LUCAS OLIVEIRA 2.09.05
31 85 MEXICO ALAN ROJAS 2.09.07
32 81 ECUADOR SANTIAGO ENDERICA SALGADO 2.09.08
33 57 ARGENTINA MARTIN CARRIZO 2.09.10
34 65 BRAZIL LUAN VILHA DE SOUZA 2.09.12
35 74 CHILE ALVARO TRENHELA 2.09.14
36 96 VENEZUELA ANGEL MOREIRA 2.09.46
37 90 MEXICO MANUEL CHIU 2.11.00
38. CAIO ROMÃO SEREBRANIK (BRA) 2.11.05
39. FERNANDO PONTES (BRA) 2.13.37
40. LUIZ GUSTAVO FORATTO G. DE BARROS (BRA) 2.13.50
41. ROBERTO PENAILILLO (CHI) 2.16.23
42. NICOLAS ARRIZ MIFFIN (PER) 2.21.39
43. FERNANDO PROCHNOW (BRA) 2.22.09
44. FELIPE TAPIA (CHI) 2.31.26
45. VICENTE VIDAL (CHILE) 184.108.40.206
Copyright © 2011 by Open Water Source
A Thank You Gift from WOWSA
|WOWSA is celebrating the|
1-Year Anniversary of the monthly Open Water Swimming Magazine
by giving you a free copy of the anniversary issue.
Open Water Swimming Magazine Anniversary Issue
File Size: 13MB
Download the file to your computer, and then right-click to extract the magazine which is inside the zip folder. The magazine is in PDF format.
CLICK HERE to download your free copy now.
Open Water Swimming Magazine
Open Water Swimming MagazineThe Open Water Swimming Magazine is the monthly magazine entirely focused on open water swimming heroes and heroines of every age, ability, and background. Published by the World Open Water Swimming Association, the Open Water Swimming Magazine is a free benefit to WOWSA members.
WOWSA Member Benefits include 12 issues of the Open Water Swimming Magazine, the annual 276-page Open Water Swimming Almanac, a free listing in Sponsor My Swim, outstanding product discounts from FINIS, an entry in Openwaterpedia and more...
The Other Shore
The Other Shore follows world record holder and legendary swimmer Diana Nyad as she comes out of a thirty-year retirement to re-attempt an elusive dream: swimming 103 miles non-stop from Cuba to Florida without the use of a shark cage. Her past and present collide in her obsession with a feat that nobody has ever accomplished. At the edge of The Devil’s Triangle, tropical storms, sharks, venomous jellyfish, and one of the strongest ocean currents in the world, all prove to be life-threatening realities. Timothy Wheeler’s documentary brings Diana Nyad’s extraordinary adventure to life as Diana sets out to prove that will and determination are all you need to make the unimaginable possible.
2014 Open Water Swimming Almanac
An Almanac for Open Water SwimmingAn almanac is essentially a body of knowledge which is so complete that it enables people in different fields to make predictions about the future of their respective industries.
This, for example, was the purpose of the traditional farmers almanacs. It enabled farmers to determine as accurately as possible which crops to plant for the greatest harvests in a given year.
But the farmers almanac was just one example among many.
There are, of course, many different kinds of almanacs.
In fact, there is even one for open water swimming...
Preview the Open Water Swimming Almanac:
The trends are very clear.
The tide is rising for open water swimming.